Sunday, March 1, 2009

Payson, Arizona

Ok, so last weekend my mom surprised me and came into town to see me and my family and she brought my Aunt Sherri too (whom I haven't seen for like 3 years). Anyway......It was a wonderful surprise and really just what I needed. The last time I saw my mom was back in November just right before Thanksgiving, which for us is a really long span of time to not see each other. Oh, and she stayed for 5 whole nights which made it even more fun because we totally just relaxed and hung out. Hence, the title of my blog "Payson, Arizona." Payson is a little town up in the mountains here about 1 1/2 hours from our house. The morning we went to Payson I woke up and asked my mom what she wanted to do for the day and she said she felt like going to the mountains and having a picnic and getting some fresh mountain air. So, we did and it was so much fun! Besides the drive just being absolutely beautiful, we ate our lunch at a park, watched the kids play on the playground, then we drove by Chris' Uncle's old cabin we use to go to for weekend visits. Then, we went to a place called The Natural Bridge. What's that? Well, just what it say's. It's a bridge that was formed naturally out of the earth. We went and saw all four of the view points of the bridge and got to see a few waterfalls too. The Natural Bridge is always a fun place to go and explore. One year I took the kids and we hiked to the bottom of the Natural Bridge and then we climbed through it and hiked back up. This trip we didn't do that though because we simply just didn't have the time. Ok, so then after that we went to the rim in hopes of seeing the sunset, but it was so snowy that we couldn't actually get to the actual rim, however, the road we had to take to get to the rim lookoff had a little section where people could pull off the road and go play in the snow. Someone before us had built a snow man so we played around and enjoyed the snow. It was great because while there was snow on the ground it wasn't really that cold, I mean don't get me wrong, it was cold, but not like bitter cold. So, then after that we drove back down the mountain and headed back to the valley. It was a totally great day and just refreshing to get some mountain air and just hang out with my my Mom and Aunt and the kids. Oh, and I musn't forget our four legged family members either, Daisy & Simon! Check out the pictures in the video I made! Fun Stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment