We All Have "Lions" In Our Lives
Well, I didn't know I would be writing so soon again, but I saw something on TV tonight that really spoke to me and I wanted to share it with you all. I don't know about you guy's, but, I believe God can use many things to get our attention, draw us closer to Him, speak to our hearts, and even maybe teach our finite minds a thing or two. Tonight that happened for me and to God I am thankful for that. In writing this my hopes are for you all to be encouraged like I was.
OK, have you ever been in a place in your life where you just needed to hear some encouragement and wanted to be reminded to not give up on the things that may not being going so well in your life? You know..... things that God has given you whether its your job, spouse, children, friends, a certain sin, or whatever it might be?
Tonight, on 20/20 the show was about people that have gone through horrible horrible accidents and survived them. The title of the show was "Live to Tell, Who Will Survive?" For example, a plane crashes and catches on fire and people survive, or a man literally got cut into two by a train and lost half of his blood yet survived, and yet another..... a woman and her friend went for a bike ride and was viciously attacked by a mountain lion that left her face scarred for life but she survived.
So, as the stories went on and on they of course had experts who talked about HOW people are able to survive such accidents. Some experts said it was because of the will of the person wanting to live and not to die, others said it was because they didn't panic and sought out a way to save themselves, and one expert said it was because of people's faith in God that got them through such horrible accidents. HUH? The idea that caught my attention was faith. This particular expert said that faith in God is the most powerful way to survive anything that is thrown at you. Why? Because when a person has such incredible faith in the Creator of the universe to help them in their time of need and they believe that God will take care of them, people are able to endure some of the most horrific and unimaginable ordeals. This caught my attention, so I listened very carefully to what was said next.
20/20 then proceeded to interview the lady that basically got her head almost ripped off of her body by the mountain lion. She talked about how in her time of need she just prayed that the Lord would help her, she cried out to God literally to just help her survive what was happening to her. The Lion would not let go of her and even made it down to her neck and started suffocating her. But, she said she was totally trusting in God to take care of her. And so with the help of some other bicyclers she was saved and with time recovered. And then, she talked about how she went to church one Sunday after the accident and it was there that she heard this Scripture:
II Timothy 4:17 "....the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength............and I was delivered out of the mouth of the Lion."
After hearing that Scripture, which she said she had probably read before, it brought new meaning to her. It made her realize that we all have "lions" in our lives whether it's cancer, divorce, or things that are attacking us. And even though her "lion" was literal, it helped her see that Jesus can deliver you from the mouth of whatever "lion" you are facing.
So, there it was. It was one of those moments where I just really felt God. What she said just spoke volumes to me and I literally felt God just encouraging me through her story and His word. It was awesome!!!!
I, along with so many of you, feel like I have lots of "lions" that are just holding me down and really just making life miserable at times. Life can be just sooooooooooo hard, you know? BUT, hearing II Timothy 4:17 was just what I needed to hear tonight. I hope that each of you can take this verse and let it be an encouragement in your lives. Try to remember that no matter what "lions" you are faced with, God, can and will deliver you out of the mouth of those "lions." Isn't that just awesome?
Well, I love you all!!! And, if you would like to share your thoughts with me about this I would love to hear from you. Until next time.
Love,
Kelly


The blog is great! I can't wait to read more...it is ok to post often~
ReplyDelete