Friday, January 30, 2009

Evelyn's Funny For Today!!!!!

Ok, so Evelyn said some really funny things yesterday that I wanted to share and also document for future reference. Yesterday morning she came into our bedroom and climbed into bed. Just like every morning she proceeded to sing to herself, talk to our dog, Simon, and wiggle incessantly. Usually, this just drives me crazy because I am not a morning person AND I take forever to wake up and be cheery and just be ready to go start the day. And as I was going in and out of consciousness this is how our conversation went:
Evelyn says, "Mommy?"

I replied, "Yes~Evelyn?"

Evelyn says very dramatically and with a big sigh, "I have cramps."

Immediately I just started cracking up!!!!

I said to her, "You have cramps?"

She said (pointing to her tummy), "Yeah right here in my stomach."

I told her she was a funny girl and that she couldn't possibly have cramps because she wasn't old enough yet to start having cramps.

She replied, "Well, it's not funny, I really do have cramps."

This is just something, apparently, that my kiddos hear me say once a month. As some of you know Evelyn is always saying funny things, however, they usually don't happen so early in the morning. But, I enjoyed this moment with Evelyn and I was reminded to savor moments like this even when it is the crack of dawn. Evelyn is such a blessing and I love her so.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, here is the other story that happened yesterday too. After I picked Elijah up from school I had to go to the grocery store and get some milk and put gas in my car. While we were getting gas at the station there was a big huge diesel truck on the road in front of us pulled over having some kind if issue and making some really loud noises. This particular time I chose to leave my door open and because of that the kids could hear the noises this diesel truck was making and they proceeded to ask me what was wrong with the truck. I mean the noises were so loud that just about everyone filling their cars up were also looking at the diesel wondering what the heck was going on. So, I get my gas and start to take off and on our way out of the parking lot we had to pass this diesel to get back to our house. As we passed this huge diesel Evelyn said, "maybe it (meaning the diesel truck) ran out of batteries?!" Again, I just laughed to myself, and said, "Yeah, maybe it did run out of batteries Evie." It was so cute!!!!!


It's times like these ones I shared today that put things in perspective for me sometimes. Yesterday I was reminded to count my blessings and not take for granted the family God has given me. Also, try not to take life SO seriously!!!! It's like God was trying to show me to try and see things in a child's eyes, how a child views things in the world. It was a fun day and I hope more of these days happen again!!!!

Until Next Time,

Kelly

PS. Keep a look out for a posting about Elijah's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment